The surgery times vary for each Doctor. Some appointments are bookable in advance.
Each Doctor has an Open Surgery in the mornings with appointments bookable on the day.
We have an emergency Doctor of the day and an emergency surgery every weekday afternoon.
You can book appointments:
- In person - at our reception desk during opening hours. Same day appointments will only be available to book from 08:30
- By phone - The Open Surgery telephone line is available from 08:30 until 09:30 - Telephone: 01827 217799 - select option from menu for ’same day appointments’.
- Online - please ask at reception for more information about the online system.
Before you make an appointment:
Can anyone else help?
- Prescription queries can usually be dealt with by our prescriptions clerk. Please call 01827 218444
- We have an advanced nurse practitioner who may be able to assist you and who can also prescribe medicines. Appointments can be made with the Nurse Practitioner for minor illnesses, contraception and general advice.
- Our receptionists can offer pre-bookable telephone appointments instead of attending surgery, which patients find very convenient.
- Pharmacists are also trained to give advice about minor health problems so they may be able to assist you too.
Our reception staff will always do their best to offer you an appointment or alternative solution, however, there are unfortunately times when we will be unable to satisfy all of the requests we receive. We have approximately 15,500 patients registered so at times we are stretched to the limit. We would therefore ask you to be understanding if there are occasions when we are unable to arrange an appointment that meets your specific needs.