Coronavirus - The government and NHS are well prepared to deal with this virus.
You can help too.
Germs can live on some surfaces for hours. To protect yourself and others:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze
- Bin the tissue and to kill the germs, wash your hands with soap and water or use a sanitiser gel.
- If you have arrived back from China within 14 days follow the specific advice provided to travellers, please do not attend the surgery.
This is the best way to slow the spread of almost any germs, including Coronavirus.
Find out more at gov.uk/coronavirus
Become a member of the Heart of England Foundation Trust
Membership of HEFT
From sharing your thoughts and ideas to helping out in and around your hospitals, from electing our governors to becoming a governor yourself – there are many different ways you can help us deliver the best in care as a member of Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust.
- Being a member allows you to keep up-to-date with news and developments at our hospitals.
- You can have a say in how your hospitals are run and on the services and facilities we provide. If you have a suggestion, good or bad, we are always delighted to hear from you.
- We want to consult with you on future developments. We need your help so we can make things better for patients, their families and carers.
- You will be able to vote for an individual to become a governor. You can apply to become a governor yourself.
- You can help improve patient experience by attending patient panels and other groups.
- You can have as little or as much involvement as you like.
- Our hospitals and community services have developed a membership that reflects the local communities it serves.
- You can attend free health talks on a wide and varied range of topics.
- The monthly health and information seminars are free to attend for all Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust members. They’re becoming increasingly popular, and provide a great opportunity to meet other members, learn about the topics and ask questions.
- All members receive an award-winning quarterly magazine called Heart & Soul to keep up to date with news and developments in our hospitals.
- Find out about new job opportunities as well as opportunities for young people to do work experience and ward tours
- Enjoy a wide range of exclusive discounts from national and local companies including entertainment centres, restaurants and retailers.
- The scheme offers Trust members and staff fantastic savings from local and national companies off their products and services and accessing these discounts couldn’t be easier!
- Healthcare Staff Benefits has a free email newsletter that is sent out every couple of weeks to keep members up to date with the very latest offers.
- If you use social media, you can follow them on twitter @healthcaresb for discounts on the go! If you don’t have access to the internet, then please phone for a paper copy of the register.
To apply, follow the link: