Compliments, Comments and Concerns

We work hard to provide healthcare at the highest standards.  If you are pleased with our service or have suggestions for improvements or concerns, please let us know.

If you have a concern we would encourage you to speak to whichever member of staff that you feel most comfortable with at the practice so that the matter can be resolved as quickly as possible. Most problems can be resolved quickly and easily with the person concerned and we would encourage you to try this approach first.

If you wish to make a complaint relating to the care of someone other than yourself, we would need their written consent to confirm that they are happy for us to speak to you on their behalf before we were able to investigate your concerns and provide a response.

Please note that we will not respond to correspondence that is abusive and will instigate appropriate actions if a person making a complaint becomes aggressive or unreasonable. We would also ask you not to send multiple complaints about the same issue as if you do, we will only respond to the initial notification.

Where you are not able to resolve your complaint in this way and wish to make a formal complaint you should do so, preferably in writing as soon as possible after the event and ideally within a few days, as this helps us to establish what happened more easily.

Letters should be sent to:
The Complaints Lead
Hollies Medical Practice
Tamworth Health Centre
B79 7EA

When we deal with complaints we will acknowledge receipt of the complaint, investigate the concerns, identify what we can do to reach a resolution.   This may be in a face to face meeting with the relevant parties, or, in writing.   All complaints are discussed in meetings so that we can use them as an opportunity to learn and make improvements, if appropriate.

If you remain dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your complaint and would like to take the matter further, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who make final decisions on unresolved complaints about the NHS in England.  It is an independent service which is free for everyone to use.

To take your complaint to the Ombudsman:


Calling the complaints helpline: 0345 015 4033 (Mon-Fri 8.30am – 5.30pm)

You may also like to contact the Independent complaints advocacy service, Health watch Staffordshire, for free advice and assistance about making a complaint about NHS Services:

Tel: 0800 1615600



Healthwatch Staffordshire NHS Complaints Advocacy
Suite 2 Opus House
Priestly Court
Staffordshire Technology Park
ST18 0LQ